http://adrenalinatours.com/images/arrow1.gif); color: rgb(212, 51, 32); font-size: 14px; display: block; font-weight: bold; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; background-position: 0% 5px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat;">FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The offices1. Where can I find the offices of Adrenalina Tours?
2. At what times the offices are opened?
3. Don’t speak Spanish; can anyone in the office help me?
4. The shuttles buses, are they safe and of good quality?
5. I want to make a private tour with a large group. How can I arrange this?
6. Can I book a shuttle or hike for 1 person?
7. Can I adjust the offered packages and/or tours to my own wishes?
8. What is the quality of the accommodations you use for the packages?
9. How are the tours and hikes guided?
10. We want to go traveling with children, are there possibilities for this as well?
11. If I go on an overnight hike, do I need to bring my own equipment, or is this included?
12. If I have special requirements, considering food, is this possible as well?
13.Can we make a tour in night club?
Practical information13. The prices that are published on the website, are these the total prices, or are there additional costs?
14. How can I pay in the office?
15. Can I pay for my tour over time?
16. Can I leave luggage in the office while I’m on a tour / hike?
17. What are the visa procedures for Guatemala? Do you always need a valid visa?
18. Where can I ask other questions and/or make comments about the website?
19. Can I use my credit card in Guatemala?
20. Do you have to pay something to enter from Guatemala to Mexico?
- Where can I find the offices of Adrenalina Tours?
The office in Quetzaltenango, locally called Xela, pronounced Shela, is situated on the edge of Central Park, at the far end of Pasaje Enriquez. The office in Antigua3 street poniente #2-D. The offices in Pana is on Santander Avenue, “Contact Us”.
- At what times the offices are opened?
We open every day of the week from 8.00 – 19.00.
- I don’t speak Spanish; can anyone in the office help me?
All employees in our office speak English and Spanish. Some employees speak Dutch and French as well. Our employees can tell you what you need to know about traveling in Central American countries. In each office we have Lonely Planet Guides for the area. We are always willing to help you make hotel reservations, look for a good Spanish school, or to make additional plans on your trip, etc.
Transport and products
- The shuttles buses, are they safe and of good quality?
Our shuttle vans are all new and come in several sizes. They are comfortable and well equipped. We sell tickets only for the number of seats that are actually in the van. We employ only experienced professional drivers who frequently call the offices by cell phones and each shuttle is equipped with a GPS system. That means the location and speed of all shuttles are monitored from our computers at all times. The shuttle vans also have emergency buttons with which the driver is able to stop the car permanently and activate an emergency call for help. With this GPS system even an office employee can stop the van with one push of a computer button. So, you are safe traveling in our vans.
- I want to make a private tour with a large group. How can I arrange this?
- Can I book a shuttle or hike for 1 person?
We not require a minimum of persons to hire a shuttle service. For a hike the minimum would normally be four persons, but you can always ask in our office to see if it is possible. A private reservation must be made at least 24 hours in advance.
- Can I adjust the offered packages and/or tours to my own wishes?
- What is the quality of the accommodations you use for the packages?
For fixed packages and tours we arrange stays with 3 star and 4 star hotels. For personalized itineraries, it is totally the choice of the customer. We can make reservations in low-budget, midrange, or top-end hotels, totally in accordance with the customers’ wishes.
- How are the tours and hikes guided?
During the tours our drivers function too as guides. They have been trained to know the route very well so they can answer questions you might have along the way. For the hikes we work with experienced guides. They know the places really well, and can tell you a lot about local traditions and history. In addition to that please remember that safety is our first concern. This is always guaranteed when using our services.
- We want to go traveling with children, are there possibilities for this as well?
Yes, please let us know in advance if you are traveling with children, and their age(s). Then we will be able to book the best facilities possible for children.
- If I go on an overnight hike, do I need to bring my own equipment, or is this included?
For overnight hikes we provide tents, sleeping bags and roll mattresses. Most of the time food is included as well. For detailed information about hikes see the web page that describes each hike, what is included and what is not.
- If I have special requirements, considering food, is this possible as well?
Yes, we offer different possibilities like vegetarian food. For other requirements please contact us in advance. Practical information
- Can we make a tour in night club?
No, we have not that kind of tours, if one of our tour guides tell something about to visit night clubs we appreciate lets us know
- The prices that are published on the website, are these the total prices, or are there additional costs?
Prices on the website are always the total price to the customer. Any additional cost would be personal expenses for food and beverages. Our products and services will list what is included and excluded for the price. For discount prices for other (tourism) agencies using our services, please contact us.
- How can I pay in the office?
In offices you can pay in local currency, called Quetzal, or in U.S. dollars, or in Euros. The credit cards accepted are Visa, Mastercard and American Express, but a transaction fee of 10 percent will have to be charged. Travelers’ checks and Guatemalan checks are accepted as well.
- Can I pay for my tour over time?
For large amounts it is possible to arrange payments over time. We require an advance payment of 25 percent. After that you can pay the rest in two or three more payments.
- Can I leave luggage in the office while I’m on a tour / hike?
Yes, we will store your luggage as well as transport your luggage from office to office in different towns in Guatemala. Look under Special Services for the details.
- What are the visa procedures for Guatemala? Do you always need a valid visa?
When entering Guatemala your passport must be valid for 6 months after the date of arrival. If you fly into Guatemala you need to show an outgoing plane ticket as well as the tourist visa.
Citizens of the US, Canada, EU countries, Norway, Switzerland, Australia, New Zealand, Israel and Japan don’t need a tourist visa for Guatemala. When entering Guatemala you will receive a stamp in your passport good for 90 days. A second 90 days period is possible by arrangement at Departemento de Extranjería (Foreign Affairs) in Guatemala City.
Citizens of Iceland, South Africa and Eastern European countries need a visa to enter Guatemala. Arrange this well in advance of the time you plan to travel.
It is also possible to get another 90 day stamp if you leave the country for 72 hours and reenter. This can be done if you enter Mexico, Belize, or Costa Rica and return to Guatemala. It is no longer possible to do this by entering Honduras, El Salvador, or Nicaragua and returning to Guatemala. These four countries have formed a loose confederation, called CA-4, that in some instances are considered as one country.
For the latest information, always check a Guatemalan embassy.
- Where can I ask other questions and/or make comments about the website?
- Can I use my credit card in Guatemala?
Yes, only visa is available. American Express and master card is dificult.
- Do you have to pay something to enter from Guatemala to Mexico?
For more information please click here