Only 01 big bag and 1 handbag allowed . You will be charged extra for more bags (10 USD $ per bag)
- The shuttle services need to be reserved 72 hours in advance
- If you travel from Guatemala to Mexico, migration will ask for a copy of the ticket OUT of
Mexico, proof of reservation of a hotel in Mexico at least for the first night and a printed
version of your bank account (yes, they do) … this is to avoid “illegal “immigration. You
need to have everything printed out twice
- Bus stop = el zocalo de SAN CRISTOBAL DE LAS CASAS and NOT door to door
- Read the attachment
(1) These services are NOT operated by ADRENALINA TOURS and subcontracted, and the quality of the services do not reflect entirely our quality norms… unfortunately there are no other tour operators operating this kind of shuttles. ANY CLAIM should be directed to the companies we subcontracted, or you should seriously think to buy from US a private service (and yes, we guarantee quality)
(2) Most of the buses used are OLD and do not have a lot of space, your knees will suffer and the roads are in bad conditions. Just being straight forwarded, shuttles from/to the border LA MESILLA in GUATEMALA or reverse are better than the chicken buses but much worse than a private (of course). We offer private services with comfort and flexibility as alternative.
(3) Punctuality is NOT guaranteed. From ANTIGUA at 5:30am, can be delayed with 30 minutes or more. … the shuttle bus picks up people all over and that can take a while!
(4) On the same shuttle bus there will be people paying more and people less… Why? Each agency sells tickets and only one or two tour operators are operating these shuttles, some agencies do not pay even the minimum salary to their employee’s AND others; some agencies don’t care about you if something happens AND others do… In Mexico because of the rate of the peso related to the USD, the service is cheaper… if you buy from Mexico to anywhere in Guatemala. We try to pay ALL our people well, in a social responsible way, and this has a price.
(5) You can NOT choose your seat and all seats are used, even the small extra ones without back support, bad luck for you… but the price is also related to filling up to the top with people, and no seat should be not occupied.
(6) Technical stops on the road Service from ANTIGUA, you will have two changes of buses; first in La Cuchilla with bus coming from Panajachel (bus from Antigua will continue to Panajachel). Second change will be in the border La Mesilla with bus coming from Mexico. Additional you will have stops to pick up or drop off more people in 4 Caminos (bus coming from Xela) and Huehuetenango. Service
(7) FORGOTTEN ITEMS, we will always try to find them but can NEVER be responsible for them!
(8) The driver is NOT a guide neither English/Spanish speaking on shuttle services. He will NOT be able to communicate easily if you do not speak Spanish.
(9) Duration of the trip > It will always be more, never less: Between ANTIGUA and SCDLC count on 13 hours Between PANAJACHEL and SCDLC count on 12 hours Between XELA and SCDLC count on 10 hours
(10) These services are combined and do mostly not 100 % fit together… private is better!
(11) Exit Fee in MEXICO if you stayed longer than 7 days will be about 450 pesos, you will have to pay this and is NOT included in the ticket / At the Guatemalan border you will have to pay as well about 50 quetzals… no, we do not have ANYTHING to do with this and are NOT able to discuss with the migration officers
(12) If you have to make extra costs because of roadblocks, and yes it happens a lot between San Cristobal de Las Casas and the border with Guatemala .. for all kind of reasons, we will NOT pay you back this expense. Mostly this is to go from one end (the beginning) to the other end of the road block where you will have to find another vehicle to bring you further .. sorry but we are not politically involved and do not have impact on local issues such as water supply, road construction , health issues …
(13) Don’t mix up luggage with other people, or get lost having a cup of coffee and the bus is leaving. we will not send another bus or be able to find the new owner of your luggage.
Last but not least > Flat tires, road blocks, accidents, technical defects of the vehicle, earthquakes and human disasters… it all happens. We can NEVER be responsible for this and will NEVER be able to reimburse you or to pay extra costs you could have because of this